Thursday 24 April 2008

DJ Shadow - What Does Your Soul Look Like [1995]


Probably the best single CD single purchase I have ever made.


Whilst DJ Shadow is by no means underscovered (in fact very few of the stuff here really is - perhaps I just mean hard to get a hold of via the Freewave) I feel that no music blog of mine could be complete without this album, and since this shit is 13 years old maybe you haven't heard it.


Anyway, these tracks are all available on the 98 album Preemptive strike which you should go buy right now.


Why? Well like some of the other posts here this qualifies as, if I can be so pretentious (and I can because I always am), spiritual/moving and all the rest of it. I mean the title says it all so listen to it all in one go and go to a better place. Serious beats, vocals, atmospheric instrumentation, whimsy and emotion you name it its go it. Deep, deep, deep, phat ph*cking sh*t


Purchase (album not single): mp3fiesta plong
Freeloaders: sharebee 5b08a7b9

No comments: