Thursday 23 October 2008

Doctor L, Tony Allen et al. - Psyco On Da Bus [2001]

To call Tony Allen undescovered is absurd, however this album is relatively under appreciated and verges on a genre of it's own, recorded during Allen's tour at the turn of the millenium it seemed to go relatively unnoticed. Certainly it's blend of genres if not groundbreaking is beautiful enough to deserve constant rotation - groove or smooth its a heady blend of educated music and at least for the moment moves me forward from my afrobeat obsession to pastures new...

http://sharebee.com/291f0622


1 comment:

Duurzaam Doceren said...

I agree, I found no real significant positive (or negative) reviews of this album...

Strange, in my point of view this album combines trip hop and afro beat in such a way that both genres get lifted to another level:
My favorite chill album ever!

Greetz, DJ Ventilator (Ams, Holland)